Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fimo Clay Pen opens Pandora's Box of Art vs. Time to Create



I am often artistically frustrated because I've got all these great ideas, but seem to never have the time to make them happen.  I keep telling myself to schedule art into my days, but things and children usually take precedence and I end up doing art in 10 minute increments.  This type of art usually looks childish, as does this pen.  I like it's whimsical nature, however, it looks like my kid did it, and so I'm a little embarrassed by it.  Playing Devil's Advocate, I DID enjoy making it....something about warming up the Fimo in your hand, and twisting and flattening it is very satisfying, and even more so, making a product you can use over and over again.  I did this project with one of my art classes, and I hope to make one I'm more proud of in the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment