Monday, October 31, 2011

Tiny glass tree baubles make a cute necklace

My mom was visiting from Vancouver last week, and two of my favorite things to do with her are 1) shop and 2) make jewelry.  We took a walk through Crate & Barrell while she was here and came across these cute little glass drop ornaments, meant for one of those mini trees.  As soon as we got home, we got to work coloring some of the ornaments with my vitrea glass paint, baking them for a half hour to set the color. When those were done, we strung an assortment on a chain, and finished it off with a suede cord.  I really like the glass, chain and suede combination together -- it's unexpected and I think it works with any kind of outfit.   I've got a craft faire coming up next month, and I'm thinking of making a few more of these in different colors, and stringing the balls on chain and leather as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment