Saturday, May 28, 2011

Poppies Spring Up From an Unexpected Hour

I find this blog is really great for reminding me to nourish myself artistically.  It is so true, as the poet Maya Angelo says, "you can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have."  I find that the more I paint or craft or sew, the better my work tends to get and the better I feel about it.

Yesterday, I brought my car in for an oil change, and had expected to stay at the dealership for the hour it takes and read.  I was surprised when I was told that it would take over two hours, and they offered to drive me home right away and pick me up when it was done.  This meant two hours of unexpected time spent at home, and I had no intention of using it to pay bills or clean!  I took the opportunity to break out my watercolors and paper and try something springy and bright.  I saw something similar to this on a website that inspired me, and I was excited to translate it, using a different medium and a little salt for effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment