Monday, August 1, 2011

Jewelry display a true art form

I am blessed to have such creative friends.  My friend Sherie works full time, runs a big house and still manages to find time to create the most beautiful things.  For my birthday, she made this beautiful shadow box jewelry display for some of my necklaces and earrings.  It's such a piece of art, and I'm proud to hang it on the wall for my favorite pieces, many of which I made with Sherie in previous years!



She tells me she was inspired by some she saw in a high-end shop in Santa Cruz, and then she went about rummaging for hooks, vintage jewels and a shadow box and drawer pull from Ikea, and special paper from a specialty store.  More photos will follow of the other gorgeous boxes she made, but in the meantime, I will proudly show you my gift and hope you are inspired as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment