Sunday, March 20, 2011

A burst of sewing creativity with an Infinity Scarf

My daughter's friend, Elena, came over for dinner last night and she was wearing this striking infinity scarf that she received for her birthday.  It was wrapped 3 times around her neck, made of a cotton knit, and I'm thinking to myself....hell, I can make that!  Today, I went to the fabric store to buy some fabric to make some for myself.  Got a little shock when I arrived, though, as I found that the knits at Joanne Fabrics were more expensive than what you can buy a ready-made one at many stores!  I went for a patterned knit, hoping I'd feel better if I bought fabric that isn't available in scarf-form.  Didn't take me long to whip this baby up, and I'm quite pleased with it!  Looking forward to wearing it to work tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. WHAT DIMENSIONS DID YOU MAKE IT LOOKS GREAT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The scarf is about a foot across, and about 7 feet long. Because the fabric was printed on only one side, it is double thickness. If I did it again, I would use lighter fabric, printed on both sides so it wouldn't be as thick around my neck. It was great in the winter, but by spring, it was a little much.

    ReplyDelete