Sunday, December 11, 2011

Success Selling my Paintings!

It can be kinda scary putting my art out, and although I enjoy sharing my art with you on my blog and corresponding facebook page, asking someone to purchase one of my works is something completely different.

My girlfriend encouraged me to do a holiday craft boutique with her on the weekend, and I made about 12 mini canvasses, several earrings and necklaces for the event.  I can't say the jewelry was as glitzy as hers and it wasn't my best, however, I did work hard on the canvasses, trying to enjoy the process for what it was instead of concentrating on what would sell.  I made small 4X4 wide-edged canvasses, as I felt I could offer a more affordable price for them  -- I sold them for $30 a piece.



Here's a photo of me with some of the canvasses -- I managed to sell 5, along with a few other jewelry pieces, so I'm fairly happy.  It was fun.  Not in a big hurry to do it again, but I'm glad I stretched my neck and got out there!  Many thanks to my friends who came to check out our creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment